A. Applicant/s must be currently engaged in the study and promotion of one or more of the
- Fine Arts / Graphic Design
- Performing Arts
- Creative Writing
- Fashion Design
B. Applicant/s must be able to meet all of the following scholarship requirements:
- Legal resident of the Los Angeles County or surrounding areas
- Demonstrate ability in your chosen field
- Recommendations from League sponsor and/or outside reference who will support the ability, character, and integrity of the applicant/s as well as potential contribution to the greater community
- Supportive statement from the applicant/s as to your goals and potential contribution
to the greater community
- Submit a current photograph
- Submit samples of work (i.e. DVD or Jump Drive)
- Prepare for an interview
- Submit a letter of acceptance from the school to which you have applied
II. SAMPLE OF WORK
A. Applicant must pay special attention to the quality and relevance of the work sample
submitted. NOTE: Do not submit original art work.
- VISUAL ARTS: Submit a DVD or Jump Drive of your original art work. We would like
you to display your originals on the day of your interview.
- DANCE/THEATER: Submit a DVD or a Jump Drive
- MUSIC: Submit a DVD or a Jump Drive
- MEDIA: Submit a DVD, CD or a Jump Drive
- FASHION DESIGN: Submit a DVD of your original designs. We would like you to display
your designs on the day of your interview.
- CREATIVE WRITING: Submit a short story with approximately _______ words. It
should be type written. A poem should contain __________ type written words.